Monday, August 27, 2007

Well, today in school, I was bored...

... and incredibly tired, but holding to my self-made promise to make the best of every situation, the only way I could make the best of boredom was to find some way to entertain myself. I decided, before my first class, that I would be more observant in my classes. I was, and I discovered some things...
1st period, the first thing I observed was my teacher, and the strange way he carried himself. Back straight, which is good posture. But then, it occured to me that the front of his head was making an effort to be even with his back heel. Not only that, but he held his arms abnormally tightly to his side, for reasons I can't really decipher. Go figure... good teacher though.
I noticed 2nd hour... nothing new. That's the class I'm most alert in, so if there was something strange, I would've noticed... but I didn't.
3rd hour, I observed something that I didn't need to be at all alert to know about. Mr. (Coach) Jackson (mentioned in previous posts) would hold strong to his word as a kid's cell phone rang.
The boy had exited the room with a borrowed hallpass, telling Mr. Jackson that he had to use the restroom. He re-entered with his cell-phone making every possible noise known to humans (and some known to platipi... platypuses... platypus... you guys gotta help me out on the plural of platypus.) The phone restlessly made the noises in a formerly silent classroom, and Mr. Jackson did neither look up, or say a word. Until... the phone... stopped. He immediatley looked up as his calm tone of voice betrayed his expression of acute anger, and said,
"Bring it here."
The boy looked up, and replied "I'ts my mom calling."
"I don't care if it's Jesus calling," he said "bring it here."
The boy came to the front of the room, and handed the teacher his phone.
"You lied to me didn't you?" asked Mr. Jackson, staring the accused down. He was only speaking of when the boy said he was going to use the restroom.
The boy mumbled an inaudible rebuttle, but it was lost even further when Mr. Jackson interrupted
"I asked you a yes or no question. It's as simple as that, tell me yes or no."
The boy thought more about the consequences of talking like a smart-alec, and said "Yes."
Mr. Jackson took the cell phone from the boy and said, "Get back to your seat."
In my fourth-hour class, I looked at one strange thing, my World History teacher. A greuling combination of bad posture, and high-heels made her walk resemble that of a chicken's. I'll never be able to un-notice that. By the time I had noticed it though, my boredom was over, and there were friends in my other classes so I didn't have to observe every little detail in my next classes... though it's not a terrible habit, some things are better left unnoticed... and I get to relax some when I'm not trying to look at so many details.
Anyway, that's the strangely interesting... sort of...
And that's life, and all that comes with it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jonathan,
Just found your blog.
LOVE IT!

Good stuff.
You are a very gifted writer.
You express thoughts clearly and paint pictures in your readers minds.

I will be back, count on it.

Shalom.

August 28, 2007 at 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I think the plural of Platypus is Platipi. That is because, in Latin, the plural of words ending in "us" is the same word, take off the "us" and add on "i." -Reeses

December 30, 2007 at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home