Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I meant to post sooner...

...but a lot was going on.
Let's start on Friday, the fourteenth, my eyes felt like lead weights all the way through school as we took our diagnostic tests. We keep taking useless tests like that.
After school, it was unofficial "poker night" at Mr. Darrel, "Big D's" house. I call it Josh's house, because normally, although I really love and enjoy the presence of the whole Easley family, I'm normally there to see Josh. Tons of people showed up. Brant Hansen, Shawn Bashor, my dad, Chris Miller, Dr. G, Paul Adams (just started showing up at our house for worship) and one of my dad's co-workers. Those who had sons (Brant, Chris Dr. G, Big D) brought them, and their sons just happen to be my friends. Justin, another friend of mine, also showed up. Unfortunately, those younger than eighteen (Joel G., Josh E., Justin L., Justice H., Peter M., and me) didn't seem welcome to play a game of poker with the "elders," so we played our own game of poker... and got... bored. We went outside and played tons of games. Eventually, we concocted a plan for everyone to sleep at Josh's house. It worked. All six of us hung out that night. Consequently, I wasn't at home to post.
Saturday...
We woke up spread in all corners of Josh's house on either couches, air matresses, blanket cots or beds. My dad came in later and invited us to go snorkeling. We declined in favor of airsoft wars (recentlty banned by the Maplecrest H.O.A.) We played our match B.B. (Before Ban) and hung out at my house playing video games later. After a while everyone seemed to vanish back to their houses, and later Peter and the rest of the Miller family would come for dinner. They stayed late. Once again, I didn't post. I didn't mind either.
Sunday... I don't normally post because of group and such runs late, and I would much rather hang out with them than be on the computer.
Monday...
Once again without good sleep, and still taking a few diagnostic tests, I made it through shcool making the best of it all. I went to get my haircut after school... an interesting part of my day. My mom and I arrived at the haircuttery, and were greeted warmly by the face at the front counter. Not too much later, I was called to the chair to get it over with. The lady there was very enthusiastic, either about people or hair, at first I couldn't tell. She commanded I get a shampoo, and I sat at the sink. My mom came up and asked if I told the lady cutting my hair what I wanted. Before I could answer, the lady, whose name I got to know, "Ilana", asked a question I never expected to hear... I'll never forget this... While looking at my mom, she asked "Oh, is this your boyfriend?"
I froze, my mom tried her best not to react strangely. "No, this is my son. I'm married."
Ilana covered her mistake well "Oh, you look so young, it's possible."
Later I found out that she was saved. Strong in her faith in Jesus. I also learned that she was the mother of a certain girl quite popular due to a certain event, and certain technology recording that event, and posted all over YouTube until they banned the video because it was too violent. No, her daughter was not the bruiser. She was the "bruisie." ?
She has a locker right next to mine. I was encouraged to talk to her. It's not easy when she's always talking to other people. I'm not one to interrupt people's conversations. Tuesday, regular, and today, not much happened. Some of Josh and Big D's friends from Louisiana came down. They're still here. It's pretty cool, they can cook really well!
Yeah, so my week had its hinderances to my posting on this blog, but it was all worth waiting to post all of it in one post.
GOOOOO JOE!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home