Monday, September 10, 2007

So Friday at lunch...

I went to what is called "Warriors for Christ" and/or "First Priority." This is where Christians, or those that claim faith in Jesus, choose to spend their lunch hour learning and talking about Jesus. I got to talking to a friend of a friend of mine that claims to have been saved this summer. I thought that was pretty cool, so we were talking. He finally made it to the question. For those that meet with me and my family on Sundays, you know what the question is... that's right, "What church do you go to?"
Knowing that my answers might confuse him, I went on anyway. I explained how I don't go to church, but live as the church wherever I go, because I am the church. A good amount of study is what it takes to learn what living "as the church" means. He seemed to understand, or at least acted like he did. I went on to explain that I do meet together with other people living as the church. These people, my family, (extended or not) I like to refer to as the body. The church body. The body of Christ. Yep. I told him about the friendship we've all acquired through Christ, and how we will hold eachother accountable, and helped eachother through struggles.
Then, he said... "So it's like accountability and churh at the same time?"
I felt like hitting my head with my flat palm stupidly. I didn't. I told him "Isn't that what you should expect from every church?"
He made it clear, though, that he thought we were missing some religious ritual that we're supposed to do. I'll spare you the rest of my conversation for the point of my story.

People put so much emphasis on doing certain things religiously in order to gain favor in God's eyes. Well, no matter what we do, we won't be favorable in God's eyes. It's Jesus (if he is in your heart) that makes us so worthy of heavan's gates. So, all we can do is live, and love. And love is the important part, the only way to actually live. Love is about you and God, the friends you've made in Christ and because of Christ, and all that you treat them with in God's name. That's all we can do, and it means nothing else... and nothing else could mean more.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home