Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Petty Story with Petty People

I thought of this story in my Geometry class today, after I finished my test. A lot of thinking goes on in that class.

Captian Jacob took a furious look at his first mate, Samuel, after being told they should turn. Jacob didn't take kindly to that. That was his decision to make. It was his idea to go on the submarine expidition, his funding that made it possible, and his research that would make it profitable. There should be no reason someone would be telling him what to do.
"Samuel, don't tell me where to go. I'm steering this submarine!"
Samuel looked down. "But, sir, I haven't told you why you should turn."
"I don't care. I'll turn when I need to!"
Suddenly, the submarine's contents and passengers were sent flying towards the front of the vessel. They had struck an enormous rock. Pressure alarms sounded, crew members panicked. No one made it to the surface of the water.

The sad part, Samuel only wanted to tell Captain Jacob to turn away from that rock.

The worse part is that Captain Jacob was going to turn until his actions were interrupted.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home