Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Yes! That is NOT what I wanted.

I think I'm happy that I can't always get what I want. It just makes sense. If I'd gotten everything I've wanted to date, I don't think I would be so happy. Think about it. Imagine if you always got what you wanted. Eventually, blessings become worthless to you, and all that you had wanted becomes something you already have, so what's there to want anymore? Well, nothing you don't already have. So, basically, not getting everything I've wanted is something I consider a blessing. It's one of those things that I want, and actually get. Yeah, that's it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

That is the point. not "getting what you want" is the challenge to get what you want. You would have nothing "to conquer." Working for something is both an accomplishment and a reward for hard work, so I concure to your post.

September 12, 2007 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Or this could be some kind of tricky reverse psychology thing and you are totally hoping your dad reads this post...

September 12, 2007 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Haha! Reverse psycology. Unfortunately, I've never been too good at that. Not that any of my parents would fall for it anyway. :P

September 12, 2007 at 9:32 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

"Any of your parents?" Hmmmm, you saying something here I don't know?

September 13, 2007 at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home