Sunday, December 16, 2007

On the night of the Sunday before the Sunday before Christmas...

... me and my awesome group of Christian friends had a white elephant gift exchange. It started out incomprehensibly rowdy as we watched a ballgame that we never saw coming. That day, during the Dolphin's terrible season of '07, the Miami Dolphins.... won!!! They beat the Baltimore Ravens 22-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't like the Dolphins all that much...
But the party erupted into such a glorious state of somewhat-mock celebration after Brant Hansen stood among an amazed crowd, and started a slow clap. Then, we ate! Dinner didn't last too long before we started the gift exchange.
It was ruthless, awful, as children under five years of age had the gifts adults coveted cruelly stripped from their hands. The Hansen family tearing each other apart over a stretchy, gooey frog-thing. I DESPERATELY attempted to sell off my five-episode classic collection of Little House on the Prairie to someone who didn't care so much about their gift. I finally found someone, and I got a pair of socks. Then, I traded the pair of socks for a plush Patrick Star from Spongebob. I later traded that for a collection of "create your own adventure" books. Score!!
The women quarreled over both a pink purse or a bag with fake tattoos and $5. Twinkies passed around the room, a squirrel-themed lamp switched consistently from reluctant hands, and two men, one being Brant, dressed in small girl's clothing.. Yes, don't worry, it was unfortunate that that was the gift they ended up with. Brant's said "GIRL POWER" and had pictures of Wonder Woman and other female super-heroines. The other one's said "Multi-talented."...
We had a blast over all, and I desperately wish I had pictures to share.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I love your blog! It's really great. I had so much fun at the Christmas Party!!!!!! I ended up with the awesome frog!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! I rule. -Reeses

December 30, 2007 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger John Husband said...

Hey Jonathan.

I'm still reading your blog. I noticed I got top honors for my cajun quote. Though I'm not sure I said it! Ha! Maybe I did though. I do like gumbo.

Keep writing. A friend of mine who is a professional interent marketer told me over the weekend if someone were to do 20 small posts a day, (1-2 hours of work per day.) He would be finanically independant in six months.

You can be that teen that goes to college with everything paid for and doesn't have to worry about money. Ever. Just by writting about what you like.

-John

January 7, 2008 at 2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home