Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Human Target...



So, that's what I was at lacrosse practice yesterday. Seriously, I might as well have been in goal. But, I wasnt'. I was outside the goal, playing defense, because that's the position I play. Then, I was probably hit from five to seven times. No, not by people, not by passes, but from shots. See, in lacrosse, shots are supposed to go somewhat towards the gaol. Well, that wasn't the case. I was the new goal. An interesting style. Most goals are about 6ft.x6ft. I'm about 6ft.x1ft. A much harder target to hit, but I wasn't missed.

Three times I was hit, it was by the same kid. The first two times, I took it to the leg. It hurt. I didn't complain, but I was in pain. But when he had the ball the third time, and I saw him wind up for the shot, I turned around, knowing it would hit me. Sure enough, right on my left quadricep, the ball bruised on impact. Will I heal? Of course, what kind of a question is that? Will I start to dodge shots? Of course not! I'm still stupid enough to suffer for the sport I like. Will I shoot back at that kid the next time he shoots at me? Probably. Will I ever be a goalie? Well, I've got potential... sort of.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger julia said...

That's just great! Tell the guy who does it to keep it up! :)

February 8, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home