Wednesday, June 17, 2009

All that comes with life...

Well, there's a lot of it... I have a pressing question about my journey with my friends... I've been hanging around with a group of kids that I consider to be my best friends. These guys are great, and sure to have my back in any and every situation. I trust them...

But I'm concerned. I've seen the negative effects of careless words and behavior, and the I mean the worst effects of it. My friends, though they don't know it, have been carelessly speaking and saying things that could really hurt people. Okay, they're not that naive, they know they can hurt people with what they're saying. They don't seem to care though, and it makes me a little upset.

Teasing and that kind of stuff is one thing, but they've persisted beyond that. Insults to others are constantly flying from their lips. Things like race, sex, or just subtle differences between themselves and other people set on a barrage of terrible words that can last for ten minutes straight. Although it's just fun in their eyes, it's become monstrously vulgar and offensive speech, and I don't think they have a clue what their words mean.

I'm not saying they sincerely believe what they're saying, but that's just it, I really don't know. It's constant, habitual. One day, they could run into big problems with that kind of talk, and hurt themselves or others. In a few cases, the things they say do end up hurting others that they don't even know, and I know for a fact that that kind of thing is dangerous.

I don't know how to confront them on this issue. Three out of theese four, I believe have a love for God, and have confessed such a thing. Despite that, I just can't stand what their speech has become, and I don't know what to do or say.

Maybe it's no big deal? Or maybe I see that this is hurting people and I need to say something to them...

anyone with helpful words for me? Or them?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home