Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Lamentations #1

This is the first and possibly the only entry of my lamentations.

Oh my God, they need You. Despite what their lips say, what their actions demonstrate, these people are suffering, they're expiring and dying inside. No, too late, they're already dead!
God, hear their souls cry out from death, from the shadows they live in, they need your hands, they need your being in their lives. God, please care for them, you love them. Hold them, comfort them, God tell them, show them, be there with them. They need to see your love. Open their eyes, awaken them!
After eighteen years, I have witnessed, directly or indirectly, every possible way of suffering. I have seen or heard of the results of so many tragedies that those who don't know you cause. God, why can't we make them listen to your voice? Why won't they hear you? They hurt every day, their souls hurt. Their souls suffer. But in the shadows, their perspective is reversed. They think that their suffering is actually pleasure, and they revel in all that is evil. Show them the light.
God, they're all so lost, and I can't go in without you, because then I too would become lost in the shadows with them. But they need you. They don't need me. God go, go to them somehow, and show them the light. Bring life to the dead, you've done it before, God we need it again now.
It hurts me to know of their suffering, and it hurts me that they don't know that they're suffering. This ignorance is not bliss, it is their eternal curse. I can't stand it, I've wept for people that I don't even know! People that need You. When can I see them transform? When will they see the light? When will they learn that love is the light that will bring them out of their suffering? God, show them please!
My soul cries out for them, and my voice goes to you as well. I want to see some change here. I want to change it myself, but I can't change everything.
God unite us, your people, everyone, so that we may do Your work.
I don't want to lament any longer.
Hear them cry.
Hear me cry.
I don't want to see another day where they don't know who You are.
Let us carry Your light. Let us bring it with us into the shadows. Come with us, let every action of ours reflect who You are. Send us to rescue our brothers and sisters from the enemy. I wish they would all feel like they belonged to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home